Tuesday 3 July 2012

Cyber Bullying


A legend has appeared at the top of my Blogger page.

This is what it says:

"Your browser is no longer supported by Blogger. Some parts of Blogger will not work and you may experience problems.
If you are having problems, try Google Chrome. | Dismiss"

My browser is Mozilla Firefox.

So Blogger 'no longer supports it', and wants me to use Google Chrome instead.

Well, I'm terribly sorry, Blogger, but I'm very happy with Firefox.

You can threaten me all you like with 'some parts of blogger will not work' and, (far more perniciously), 'problems'.........

I will not be bullied!

Blogger Off!

(Dismissed)

3 comments:

  1. Hi John,

    Yeah, noticed that myself yesterday (Firefox also). The only thing I can see not working so far is the ability to edit each section directly from the blog without going via the 'Design' option. Inconvenient, but not enough to bother messing with a new browser!

    Regards,

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, I've managed to solve the problem for me. I found I was somehow running Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release) which is meant for large organisations, not home use. I simply updated to the latest Firefox (13.0.1) and everything was back to normal on blogger.

    Apparently Opera users aren't so fortunate, as they are experiencing the same issues. I suspect this latest change to blogger was designed to inconvenience those users.

    Hope this helps!

    Regards,

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Ian!

      And thank you kindly!

      I'll update to Firefox (13.0.1) if the threatened 'problems' materialise....

      Back in the day, when I was a teenager involved in the souping-up of some very elderly cars (1950's figured largely....), we used to say, 'that'll make it go like greased weasel sh#t off a chromium plated shovel....'

      In this, our modern age, I suppose the call concerns speed of a different sort: that of ISP's and browsers......

      So, perhaps, 'that'll go like greased IceWeasel sh#t off a GoogleChrome-ium plated shovel......

      :-)

      Delete