Thursday 1 July 2010

Portrait of the Arts Grad as a rubbish scientist.......

Okay everyone, I may have played scientists in the past, (mad and otherwise), during my twenty-odd years of thesping, but, as yesterday's post proves, when I start improvising my own script, it's all going to go horribly wrong........

My post-prandial ideas regarding revolutionising solar heating break so many laws of physics, they would, no doubt, lead to some serious hairline cracks in the di-lithium crystals which power Pippin's warp engine, and might even set in train a chain reaction that could well spell The End of Civilisation As We Know It.

(Pause for dramatic music: Dum-dum-DAAAH!)

Oh well, back to the old drawing board......

Actually, a serious thank you to both Mark C. and Mike P-J for taking the trouble to comment so eruditely. I actually think Mike's idea will work. (See comments to previous post, 'Solar Electric Dreams'), and look forward to having a brainstorming session with him, (even if it's only his brain that's being stormed......), once his thesis-writing/cruise of the canals of England is finished.

Meanwhile, Mike, concentrate on the job in hand!!

(You can follow Mike's progress on Random Writings blog).

I, however, shall retire to my shed to tinker quietly without hazarding further ventures into the realms of hard science.

In the immortal words of Nigel Molesworth:

MATHS = 0 !

No comments:

Post a Comment