Monday 29 June 2009

Breaking rocks in the hot sun......

No, I haven't been fighting the law and losing, and neither have I been working on a chain gang [Jackie edit: That's enough lyrics now...].

I have, however been working for my friends Erica and Jeremy on the garden of their newly rebuilt holiday cottage near Diss.

This has involved lots of proper pick and shovel work, breaking up half of a large concrete shed base, digging over soil, extracting rubble and stones and general excavating and groundwork.

All in the blazing heat. My usual impeccable timing hasn't failed yet.

Actually, I enjoyed every minute of it. It's nice to be paid to do something you like, know you are doing really well and your efforts are truly appreciated. (A stark contrast to some other jobs I've been doing up until recently.....)

So now, a shameless advert:

I completely re-decorated the newly re-furbished interior of what is now known as "The Old Bike Shop" (a nod to the building's previous use from around the 1940's and 50's). Here are some pictures of it nearing completion:











I also do boats.........!

1 comment:

  1. Hi you guys I left you a comment on "The Odessy Continues" post! We too have a widebeam.

    Don't know if you've got email notification, so I thought I'd try contacting you again, I might send a pidgeon next time.

    Heather

    takeytezey.blogspot.com

    My Email address is on there

    ReplyDelete