Thursday 8 March 2012

Moon.

It's up there.

In a cloudless night sky.

A full moon.

It's Light Enough to almost read by it's light, never mind Travel. (Sorry Chris and Simone!)

Us lycanthropes will, of course, be looking to our medicine. (Wolfsbane, mainly: it slips down lovely with a spoon-full of sugar......)

Anyone else seen that fabulous Larson cartoon of the werewolf and the hitchhiker?

The tag line was "Don't believe everything you here about us! Just throw the stick, pal, throw the stick!!!"

But enough of the tribulations of those afflicted by a monthly embarassment of hairy palms.

For, all joking aside, the moon tonight is truly stunning.

I have friends in blogworld who hold the Moon sacred.

Looking up at the sky tonight, I kind of get it.

Once again, I find myself quoting Tom Waits, (drunkard, ballardeer, blue-collar poet and writer of the sound-track to more than one post-'Dear John'-letter evening.....)

'Grapefruit moon, and one star rising.......'

The moon figures a lot in Waits's lyrics.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you inspected his palms right now and found them more than a little hairy........

1 comment:

  1. Hi John,
    I am catching up with my blog reading. For us withces the moon is as sacred as the cross is to Christians. The new moon represents the maiden, the full moon is the mother, and waning and dark moon is the crone. Together they are the Triple Goddess. I have them tattooed on the back of my neck. I'm glad you kind of get it. She is powerful enough to make your hair and nails grow faster when waxing and slower when waning, as well as raise and lower the tides. Before humans controlled light, the moon made women all over the world bleed at the same time: the full of the moon. It is thought perhaps humans learned to count as a result.

    ReplyDelete