Saturday 1 January 2011

New Year's Day...

Well, I don't know what kind of New Year you had, but I have given up going out for New Year since returning to my Soho flat in 2007, to see a scene of such wretchedness as would put even the keenest drinker off their sherbert:

Tattooed chavs with their bellys hanging over their belts chundering for England on hands and knees in the gutter.....

Their boyfriends looking on, aghast......

Mini-cab drivers eyeing up potential 'customers' for serious sexual assault....

But the broken Ship's Biscuit went to the couple making a grimly determined and very public attempt at a sex act.

In a telephone box......

Oh World, World........

So New Year and I do not mix. On any level.

This year, I surpassed myself.

I got back from The Hole Making Shop at 16.00. I started drinking at 16.02.

Jackie cooked a lovely steak supper, lots of friends came round, we drank. Lots.

I then decided that Thomas Cat was in need of a fuss. I went through to the bedroom, fussed him and fell asleep.

Time? 21.30.....

Our chums celebrated Istanbul New Year at 22.00. (Midnight in the Turkish capital...) to the accompaniment of some earth-shatteringly sonorous snores from me..

Happy New Year, one and all!!!!! x

No comments:

Post a Comment